Who am I? Who are any of us, really?
OK, that’s pretty deep — too deep for an “about me” blog entry. Here’s who I think I am:
- Past what some may consider the midpoint of life (let’s just say mid-50s-ish and call it even), but like to think I’m still open-minded and (at least) partially aware of what’s going on in the world of pop culture.
- Interested in the world and what’s going on outside of the United States.
- Reader, once mostly of non-fiction (history and current events) but now I’ve gotten back into fiction: steampunk and mystery/thrillers, sci-fi, fantasy … whatever strikes my fancy.
- I’ve written three novels, fulfilling a lifelong ambition shared by quite a few others. Find more about them elsewhere on this blog.
- Former sportswriter and copy editor at a medium-sized daily newspaper. Covered auto racing and high school sports.
- Onetime blogger for motorsports including IndyCar, NASCAR, F1 and NHRA.
- Freelance writer.
- Retired U.S. Navy officer; began military career as an enlisted Sailor.
- Father, grandfather, uncle. All girls. Hmm, go figure.
Is this me? Is it you? (because if it is … I’m on the wrong blog *rimshot*)
Meanwhile, back at the ranch ….