Who am I? Who are any of us, really?
OK, that’s pretty deep — too deep for an “about me” blog entry. Here’s who I think I am:
- Past what some may consider the midpoint of life (let’s just say mid-50s-ish and call it even), but like to think I’m still open-minded and (at least) partially aware of what’s going on in the world of pop culture.
- Interested in the world and what’s going on outside of the United States. Politics? Try to avoid ’em thank you very much. Opinions? Yep, got some of them but don’t give them out too easily.
- Reader, once mostly of non-fiction (history and current events) but now I’ve gotten back into non-fiction: steampunk and mystery/thrillers, sci-fi, fantasy … whatever strikes my fancy.
- I’ve written three novels, fulfilling a lifelong ambition shared by quite a few others. Find more about them elsewhere on this blog.
- Former sportswriter and copy editor at a medium-sized daily newspaper. Covered auto racing and high school sports.
- Onetime blogger for motorsports including IndyCar, NASCAR, F1 and NHRA.
- Freelance writer.
- Retired U.S. Navy officer; began military career as an enlisted Sailor.
- Father, grandfather, uncle. All girls. Hmm, go figure.
Is this me? Is it you? (because if it is … I’m on the wrong blog *rimshot*)
Meanwhile, back at the ranch ….